Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Lean Green Smoothie

I'm really on a smoothie kick lately. I don't know what it is. There is just something really kind of fun when it comes to something that may seem like it should be meant for just summer time and having it in the winter! Living on the edge lol Living in Boston you have to get creative to get through the long winters and I'm bound to do just that with my food this year!

Although the seasons tend to dictate our food choices...why not change that up a bit and have more of a "summer diet" in the winter? I'm all for savory dishes, but if you are looking to have more energy and have a leaned out look- having more plant based foods incorporated in your diet are definitely going to help you achieve that.

I notice such a shift in my energy and overall mood when I have something that is light and fresh and full of antioxidants and superfood goodness. Not to mention since incorporating more greens in my diet, I've noticed much less bloating, which I'm not going to complain about that one bit!

So I'm making smoothie bowls and smoothies for my snacks most days and it has been super fun! Plus I start of my day with a superfood meal replacement shake. I have a few go-to recipes for that, but every other day I bounce back between the same 3 recipes that I love. Variety is the spice of life!

I loved this green smoothie that I made yesterday- isn't it gorgeous!? I mean talk about instant mood booster! I added just a 1/2 cup of spinach. It's a great way to sneak in greens...and you can't even taste it them :)


So here is the recipe for you all to enjoy! Let me know how you like it!

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup plain 0% Fage Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup pineapple- fresh or frozen (plus a few for garnish on top- optional)
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup spinach
  • 1/2 cup ice
  • 1 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
  • a few blueberries for garnish (optional)
Directions

Add ice first then all other ingredients in a blender and blend up. Serve up in a fun glass and colorful straw and enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment